Sens release 2013-14 schedule
The NHL and, by proxy, Ottawa Senators released the schedule for the 2013-14 season on Friday after announcing that players would go to the Olympics in 2014.
The Sens will kick off their season on Friday, October 4, at Buffalo and continue on a six game road trip to open their season. The home opener will take place on October 17 against the New Jersey Devils.
Some notes from the official release...
The regular-season home schedule at Canadian Tire Centre includes 31 games from Thursday to Sunday as follows: Thursday (12), Friday (five), Saturday (eight) and Sunday (six). Early-week games feature six on Mondays, two on Tuesdays and two on Wednesdays. The home games scheduled Monday to Friday will be begin at 7:30 p.m., with the exception of 7 p.m. starts against Montreal on Thursday, Nov. 7, and Friday, April 4, as well as Wednesday, April 2, when the Senators oppose the New York Islanders. Five Saturday games will commence at 2 p.m., while three will start at 7 p.m. Home games scheduled on Sunday will begin at 5 p.m., with the exception of 1 p.m. starts on Sunday, Nov. 3, against Dallas and Sunday, Nov. 17, versus Columbus, while the Sunday, Dec. 1 contest against the Detroit Red Wings will begin at 5:30 p.m. The Senators will play 23 games at Canadian Tire Centre in the first half of the season and 18 home games in the second half. The Senators play 12 games in October (four home, eight away), 14 in November (nine-five), 16 in December (11-five), 12 in January (four-eight), six in February (two-four), 15 in March (seven-eight) and seven in April (four-three) to round out the schedule.
Other schedule highlights for 2013-14
- The Senators open the campaign with a season-long six-game road trip from Oct. 4 to Oct. 15 (12 days).
- The Senators have two five-game homestands, Nov. 7 to Nov. 17 (11 days) and March 28 to April 5 (eight days).
- Ottawa will play back-to-back games on 16 occasions, which is the same number as in each of the two previous full NHL seasons.
- The Senators will oppose the Eastern Conference-champion Boston Bruins on four occasions, including home games on Friday, Nov. 15, and Saturday, Dec. 28. The Dec. 28 contest will mark the first of two home games during the Bell Capital Cup, with an additional game set to be played the day after the tournament’s conclusion (on Jan. 2).
- The Detroit Red Wings and Daniel Alfredsson visit the nation’s capital for the first time as part of the Eastern Conference on Sunday, Dec. 1. The Senators will also host the Red Wings on Thursday, Feb. 27, which concludes the four-game season series between the two clubs.
- The Senators will have a 18-day layoff between Feb. 9 and Feb. 26 when the NHL season breaks to allow players to participate in the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
Those of you looking for the full schedule can find it here.
|More from Inside the Senate:||Latest News/Features:|