OTTAWA – Capital Sports Management Inc. (the operator of the Bell, Cavanagh and Richcraft Sensplex facilities) announced today that the Richcraft Sensplex has reached 50 days from its official opening on Tuesday, Aug. 5, when minor hockey players from the Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps will take to the ice.
CSMI has also reached agreements with three corporate partners – Canadian Tire, Hockey Eastern Ontario and Scotiabank – to serve as title sponsors for three of the NHL-sized ice pads located within the east-end facility. These organizations join Richcraft, the title sponsor of the complex, as key corporate partners for the Richcraft Sensplex. The name of the existing J.B. Potvin Arena, which is currently undergoing a facelift, will remain unchanged.
“Corporate partners with a keen interest in grassroots sports are key to keeping children and youth in our community physically active,” said Geoff Publow, Senators vice-president of strategic development. “They keep public facilities throughout Ottawa, such as the Bell, Cavanagh and Richcraft Sensplex, financially viable allowing us to offer affordable programs for kids and adults in our community. We are excited to welcome Canadian Tire, Hockey Eastern Ontario and Scotiabank to the Richcraft Sensplex family and to provide them with a platform to interact with local organizations at the grassroots level.”
Construction at the four-pad ice surface complex is nearly complete as crews begin to put finishing touches in place. In August, residents in the east end of the city will have access to a significant increase in the availability of ice time, the best in personal training, physical rehabilitation, hockey related programing, food and beverage and pro shop services.
“As each week passes we see a significant change inside the Richcraft Sensplex,” said Publow. “The crews are working hard to ensure the facility is 100 per cent ready when summer camps begin the first week of August and for our grand-opening celebration, which is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 7.”
An update on the construction and programming activities thus far at the Richcraft Sensplex:
- Cooling pipes have been installed and the cement slabs have been poured to create three new ice surfaces.
- The ice making plant is ready to start the cooling process, which will allow crews to begin making ice the week of June 30.
- Rehabilitation of the J.B. Potvin Arena continues, with renovations to the lobby, upgrades to the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and dehumidification systems, improvements to the exterior insulation, Wi-Fi and more.
- Paving crews will be on-site within the next week to prepare the parking lot.
- Agreements have been reached with three tenants (Hockey Eastern Ontario, Lightning Blade Sports and Pro Physio and Sport Medicine Centres) who will occupy retail and office space when the facility opens. The Sensplex is expected to announce an agreement with a fourth tenant in the near future that will offer the best in sport performance training.
- Stanley’s, a full-service restaurant and bar overlooking three ice surfaces, is ready to start serving guests (furniture is in place, while draught lines and kitchen equipment have been installed).
- More than 12,000 hours of ice has been booked for the 2014-15 season, which represents more than 85 per cent of the planned usage in one year.
- To date, more than 220 children have been registered for Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps that will take place this August.
- Response to the Ottawa Senators Adult Hockey League (OSAHL) east divisions has been better-than-anticipated, with more than 30 teams confirmed to date.
- The Richcraft Sensplex is scheduled to host 21 hockey tournaments in 2014-15, with the first three tournaments at the facility nearing 50 per cent capacity. The first tournament (hosted by the Gloucester Rangers) will take place the weekend of Sept. 19.
Recruitment fair to fill part-time positions at Richcraft Sensplex
The Richcraft Sensplex is looking for part-time staff to join its team prior to the facility’s grand-opening. A recruitment fair will take place at the Chimo Hotel (1199 Joseph Cyr St.) on Friday, June 20, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday, June 21, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Employment opportunities are available in various areas including building operations, food and beverage, guest services and programming. Interested candidates are asked to bring along several copies of their resume and to be prepared for an interview. For more information, please visit ottsens.com/SensEmployment or follow @Sens_Employment for updates.
For more information on the Richcraft Sensplex, including ice rentals, summer camps, OSAHL and Ottawa Senators hockey programs, please visit www.sensplex.ca.
- end -
|Back to top ↑|