Bulletin: Senators to display their Super Skills on January 28
10 minor hockey players to join the NHLers at Sens SuperSkills, presented by Bell
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today the fan-friendly and entertaining Sens SuperSkills competition, presented by Bell Canada, returns to the Corel Centre on Saturday, Jan. 28, starting at 1 p.m. Doors open at noon for the Senators team practice.
The Sens SuperSkills competition, featuring associate sponsors Ottawa Citizen and TEAM 1200 Radio, sees the players demonstrating their hockey skills in the following categories:
- Puck control relay - observe players illustrating versatility in stick-handling
- Esso fastest skater - see players showcasing their speed on skates
- Holiday Inn Select hardest shot - hear the power of an NHL slapshot
- Accuracy shooting - find out who shoots with the most precision
- Power-play challenge - watch as players execute the 3-on-1 to perfection
- Scotiabank breakaway relay - observe who demonstrates winning teamwork
Participating alongside the Senators will be eight minor hockey skaters and two goaltenders from the National Capital Region. The 10 finalists will be chosen through the Bell Skills First Challenge finals presented earlier in the day.
Senators head coach Bryan Murray will take the team through a 35-minute practice, from 12:15 p.m. to 12:50 p.m., followed by the Sens SuperSkills.
Tickets for the Sens SuperSkills are $6 for T.E.A.M. Hockey Country teams, $7.50 in advance to the general public and $10 at the door. Ticket prices include taxes, but exclude applicable convenience charges.
Tickets go on sale beginning Friday, Dec. 16, at noon and can be purchased on-line at www.CapitalTickets.ca, by phone at (613) 599-FANS (3267) or 1-877-788-FANS (3267), in person at any Sport Experts location in the Ottawa-Gatineau area and at the Corel Centre box office.
- 30 -