Bulletin: Sens Skills presented by Metro returns on Feb. 21, 2011
Family Day Event has raised more than $350,000 over the past three years
Sens Skills sees the players demonstrating their hockey skills in the following categories:
- Puck control relay - observe players illustrating versatility in stickhandling
- Fastest skater - see players showcasing their speed on skates
- Home Hardware hardest shot - witness the power of an NHL slap shot
- Accuracy shooting - find out who shoots with the most precision
- Power-play challenge - watch as players execute the 3-on-1 to perfection
- Breakaway Shootout - who has the moves to be crowned king of the shootout
On behalf of Metro, the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association, the Senators will donate this year’s net proceeds to the Sens Foundation and the NHLPA's Goals & Dreams Fund.
Participating alongside the Senators will be 10 minor hockey skaters and two goaltenders from the National Capital Region. The 12 competitors will be chosen through the Senators’ new minor hockey program, Mini One-on-One, presented by Bell.
All 100-, 200- and 300-level tickets for Sens Skills presented by Metro are $15, $12 and $8 respectively (advance sales) for the public. For group ticket information (groups of 20 or more), please call 613-599-0210 or email@example.com. Ticket prices include taxes and CRF fees, but exclude applicable convenience charges.
Tickets go on sale beginning Friday, Dec. 17, at noon and can be purchased by visiting www.CapitalTickets.ca, by phone at 613-599-FANS (3267) or 1-877-788-FANS (3267); in person at The Sens Store at Rideau Centre and Place d’Orléans; at any Ottawa Sports Experts location; Les Galeries de Hull and at the Scotiabank Place box office.
Over the past three years, more than 50,000 fans have attended Sens Skills presented by Metro, with the Senators and NHLPA donating more than $350,000 to local charities on behalf of their partners.
- end -