Game Experience - Lyndon Slewidge
With his rich bass-baritone voice, and traditional "wink and thumbs up" at the end of each performance, Lyndon Slewidge has become one of the NHL's most recognized anthem singers.
Lyndon started singing the anthems in Sault Ste. Marie for the Soo Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League. In 1992, Lyndon and his family moved to Ottawa, where he joined the Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P.) and started singing for the Senators.
In 2012, Lyndon Slewidge retired from the O.P.P. after 38 years in the police service. His policing duties have included Investigations, Coroner's Constable, General Patrol, Traffic, Community Services, and Freedom of Information Coordinator.
Lyndon Slewidge Fast Facts:
- Lyndon's favourite anthem singer is Roger Doucet, who used to sing the anthem at the Montreal Forum.
- Lyndon has performed O Canada at over 2,000 events over his career.
- Lyndon sings the anthems of Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Sweden, Finland, USA, Britain, Italy, Japan, Germany and Israel.
- He's performed for Team Canada at the World Cup of Hockey, as well as numerous sporting events in Canada.
- Lyndon has performed lead roles in many operas including, Rigoletto, La Boheme, Madamme Butterfly, Tosca and Aida.
- In 2012, Lyndon was presented with a Queen’s Jubilee Award in recognition of Professional Anthem Leadership.
If you would like more information about booking Lyndon to sing the anthem at your next event, please send an email to email@example.com include the date of the performance, location of the performance and phone contact where you may be reached
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2015-16 season. Please check back this summer.
Ottawa Senators Hockey Club
ATTN: Game Day Entertainment
1000 Palladium Drive
Please note that performance opportunities are limited and we cannot return DVD’s.