Spend your last day of 2015 at
All tickets are $20 or less!
Celebrate the new year with us at Sens Skills presented by Sport Chek with a kids countdown at noon! Sens Skills is a charitable fun-filled, family-oriented, event that features Senators players being split into two teams and competing against each other in six different skills’ events. In support of the NHLPA Goals and Dreams Fund and the Ottawa Senators Foundation, a portion of the event proceeds will assist in the construction of outdoor Sens R.I.N.K.S. throughout Ottawa and Gatineau.
Check out the fun and excitement of last year’s Sens Skills competition
Doors open at 10:30 a.m.
|10:40 a.m.||–||Senators Practice/Warmup|
|11 a.m.||–||Introductions/National Anthem|
|11:10 a.m.||–||Skills Competition Begin|
|12 p.m.||–||Kids New Year! Countdown to Noon|
|1 p.m.||–||Skills Finishes|
Noon Year’s Countdown: We will be celebrating the new year with a countdown to noon.
This year, the Ottawa Senators will compete in the following skills events for the chance to win the championship trophy (and bragging rights, of course).
- Gay Lea Puck Control Relay: At the whistle, players race the length of the ice, retrieve a puck, and maneuver through a pylon course back to the start. Agility and puck control are keys to event success!
- PlayOLG Fastest Skater: The rules are easy; fastest skater wins. Players skate one lap around the rink, where the only thing that counts is speed!
- Freedom 55 Hardest Shot: Duck for cover! Players will be letting their cannons loose. A single puck is placed directly in front of the crease. Each player begins at the blue line, skates in and fires a shot. The highest m.p.h. out of the individual player’s two shots is recorded.
- CAA Accuracy Shooting: Time for target practice! Each player gets eight shots to snipe four targets covering each corner of the net. The most targets hit, with the fewest number of shots, wins.
- Ashbury College Skills Challenge: Watch as teams try to beat the clock in this four-part relay race event! It includes a combination of stick handling, one-timers, accurate passing, and a 3-on-1 to score. The team with the fastest time wins!
- Sport Chek 3-on-3 Challenge.