1. The Hockey Country Insider contest (the "Contest") is conducted by Capital Sports & Entertainment Inc. (the "Sponsor") and is open only to residents of Ontario who are 18 years of age or older.
2. Entrants are not eligible to participate in the Contest if they are:
a) employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor or their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, sponsors, advertising or promotional agencies, or assignees; or
b) a member of the household and/or immediate family of any of the above parties. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, "immediate family" means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
3. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant in its and their sole discretion, should any entry or entrant at any stage contain and/or supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
HOW TO ENTER
4. The Contest begins on Monday, August 17, 2015 and ends on Monday, August 24, 2015 at 5 p.m. EST (the "Contest Period").
5. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. To enter, complete and submit the entry form found in the Hockey Country Insider email on Monday, August 17. All entries must be received by Monday, August 24, at 5 p.m. EST. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
6. Entries are limited to one entry per email address. In the case of multiple entries, only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered, garbled, mechanically or electronically reproduced, or tampered with in any way.
Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, "authorized account holder" of an e-mail address means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry.
7. There will be one (1) prize (the "Prize") awarded to the Contest winner (the "Winner") consisting of one autographed Ottawa Senators ball cap. The approximate retail value of the Prize is CDN $50.00. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Each entrant will be eligible to win only one (1) Prize.
8. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize cannot be awarded as described due to unavailability for any reason. In the event that the Prize consists of or includes attendance at an event that is cancelled, delayed or rescheduled for any reason whatsoever, a substitute prize or cash equivalent will not be provided.
9. The Winner may claim his/her Prize at the located at 1000 Palladium Dr., Kanata, Ontario, five (5) business days after he/she has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize, has complied with the Contest Rules and has signed and returned the Contest Release (described below).
10. On Monday, August 24, at 6 p.m. EDT at Canadian Tire Centre in Kanata, Ontario, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received. The selected eligible entrant will be notified by telephone on Monday, August 24, 2015. If a selected eligible entrant cannot be contacted by telephone on Monday, August 24, 2015 he/she will be disqualified and another eligible entrant will be selected and contacted. The Sponsor is not responsible for a selected eligible entrant's failure to receive notification for any reason whatsoever.
SKILL TESTING QUESTION
11. In order to be eligible to win the Prize, the selected eligible entrant shall be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise. The selected eligible entrant may be required to swear an affidavit indicating compliance with this section. The skill-testing question will be administered by telephone.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
12. By participating in this Contest, entrant agrees:
a) to be bound by the Contest Rules;
b) to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and
c) to sign and return a publicity release and release of liability (the "Contest Release") which confirms, among other things, that the entrant: (i) releases Capital Sports Properties Inc. ("Canadian Tire Centre "), Capital Sports & Entertainment Inc. ("the Ottawa Senators"), Acceleration Ottawa, Biovail Corporation, Aramark Entertainment Services (Canada), Inc., the National Hockey League ("NHL"), the NHL Member Clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., the NHLPA and current and former players, and each of their respective affiliates, parents, and related entities, as well as the owners, governors, officers, directors, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, promoters, and advertisers of all the foregoing from any and all liability arising out of or in any way connected to his or her participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity, the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, the use of personal information described herein and the use of merchandise purchased as a result of winning the Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (ii) grants to the Sponsor and/or its agents the unrestricted right to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the entrant's address and city/province of residence, statements, endorsements, biography, name, voice, photograph and likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes without compensation, other than the value of the Prize offered, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised.
PUBLICITY RELEASE AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
13. The executed Contest Release must be within five (5) business days of the date of receipt by the selected eligible entrant or the selected eligible entrant shall be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
14. The Sponsor is not responsible or liable for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged or destroyed entries, notifications, replies or any Contest Release; for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, Internet Service Providers, websites or other connection, related to the Contest and/or the Contest Website; for errors of any kind, including but not limited to human, electronic, mechanical and/or technical in nature; for failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer and online systems, servers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, the Contest Website, any related website, or any combination thereof or otherwise; for any injury or damage to entrant, entrant's computer, or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading material in connection with the Contest; for incorrect or inaccurate information; and/or for weather conditions, event cancellations, delay or rescheduling or other factors beyond the Sponsor's control.
15. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who is found to be tampering with the entry process or with the operation and administration of the Contest; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest; or in violation of the Contest Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
17. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
18. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.
19. These Contest Rules will be available at the Ottawa Senators Reception Desk (Gate #2) located at Canadian Tire Centre , 1000 Palladium Drive, Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1A5 and online at www.ottawasenators.com.