Movember is a time for everyone to help raise awareness and funds for prostate cancer research.
The moustache has a history in hockey. Look no further than our own bench boss Paul MacLean, former Flames captain Lanny McDonald, Canucks blueliner Harold Snepsts and Canadiens legend Larry Robinson circa 1978 as some of the most memorable.
This season, Eric Gryba, Zack Smith, Cory Conacher and Bobby Ryan will be captaining our team and looking to add their upper lips to hockey's moustache lore.
We want you on our team! Register your Mo' and start growing to help us change the face of men's health. If you can’t grow you can show your support by sponsoring one of our team members and check out player progress ...
Mo growth suggestions:
Also referred to as 'mouthbrows'.
A very popular western looking moustache.
Some styling wax can be used to achieve this look.
Was very popular with people from the Imperial times
Thin and narrow moustache, divided at the center of the upper lip
This is a classic style, long and wide
This is a thick moustache, that is worn short with an angular shape.
the name speaks for itself
This moustache is droopy, and often covers the entire mouth
The shape of these moustaches generally resemble the shape of a pyramid
Top 5 tips to growing that perfect stache:
- Always keep your moustache clean. Your reflection can be found in your butter knife.
- Talk to your stache, we’re very good listeners, and will show you our appreciation with length and fullness.
- Keep it trimmed! There is no shame in keeping a moustache comb close by. A well kept moustache says a lot about a man…it says…I’m distinguished and accomplished…and have a really handsome face!
- Keep active! We’re kind of like pets, we like to be walked, petted and scratched.
- Set goals for yourself! Be as long and as bushy as you want. That’s what Movember is all about!