INTEGRATED ACCESSIBILITY STANDARDS - Senators Sports & Entertainment ("SSE") 2014 - 2019 Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
The plan applies to the following SSE entities:
- Capital Sports & Entertainment Inc. (Ottawa Senators Hockey Club)
- Capital Sports Properties Inc. (Canadian Tire Centre)
- Capital Sports Management Inc. (operator of Ottawa area “Sensplex” complexes)
Issued: December 23, 2013
Revised: June 27, 2016
In 2005, the government of Ontario passed the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the “AODA”). The Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations (“IASR”) under the AODA require that effective January 1, 2014, SSE establish, implement, maintain and document a multi-year accessibility plan which outlines the organization’s strategy to prevent and remove barriers for persons with disabilities and to meet its requirements under the IASR.
This multi-year plan outlines the policies and actions that SSE will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
In accordance with the requirements set out in the IASR, SSE will:
- Post this plan on SSE related websites (www.canadiantirecentre.com, www.ottawasenators.com, www.bellsensplex.ca)
- Report on the progress of the implementation of this plan as required on such websites;
- Provide this plan in an accessible format, upon request; and
- Review and update this plan at least once every five years.
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
SSE is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the AODA.